What is a Pop-Up?
The Pop-Up concept is beneficial for various target groups for different reasons:
- Start-ups to test a business idea
- Online brands to test the offline format
- Existing brands to use it as a marketing and brandbuilding strategy, e.g. new product
- Landlords to use it as a marketing strategy for their space
- Urban developers to regenerate communities
What are the benefits?
- You can test your business idea on a temporary basis
- Limit your risks while researching a business plan
- Get valuable insight into the demand and thoughts of potential customers
- Increase your network
- Be there to be found
The Pop-Up People report from Dan Thompson delivers valuable insights on the benefits of Pop-Up’s. It includes contributions from various people who have set up their own Pop-Up. Further PopUp Britain, the retail arm of national enterprise campaign StartUp Britain conducted a straw poll on the benefits of Pop-Up’s. According to the report Pop-Up shops are a training ground for the independent high street entrepreneurs of the future!
Pop-Up at a Glance
Here-today-and-gone-tomorrow! Pop-Up’s are Shops, Restaurants, Bars, Cafés, Galleries, Exhibitions which appear on a temporary basis and are placed in an unique environment. The concept of Pop-Up’s isn’t new apart from the business itself, which has various drivers, i.e. as marketing or brand building concept, online to offline and as a training ground for future entrepreneurs.